Sunday, January 16, 2011

Juggle Over Drafting a Mission Statement?

hi everyone!

After reading the book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" by Sean Covey, which I believe it's a must read book for teenagers who are lost in their life(i.e: whole day face-booking, spamming friends' profile 'rigorously', end up fingers,neck or eyes strain~)

I won't reveal my resolutions publicly, just wanna work personally with it, though some of the resolutions require external force to help me in achieving my goal. This year, part of my mission statement is 'GET RID OF EXCESSIVE FACE-BOOKING', I have re-phrased it in a more direct way instead of 'DO NOT LET FACEBOOK RULE OVER MY LIFE'(it sounds so passive right?), according to the book "The Secret", the universe does not recognize the word 'NOT', so my previous M.S actually meant 'DO LET FACEBOOK RULE OVER MY LIFE' @.@

In drafting out my resolutions for the year, I have adopted Covey's suggestions and collaborated them with my own method in order to make it more perfect than 99% but less perfect than 100%, know why? Ordinary teens won't get started with a 100% perfect mission statement until they feel that they are in 100% good mood. Here are the suggestions:
1. The Quote Collection. - Pick your favourite quotes to be the inspiring matter to your ms.
2. The Brain Dump. - Speed write about your mission for 15 mins. Write out whatever ideas!
3. The Retreat - Spend time alone in a place you adore much, sit down and spend the whole noon in writing your ms (I wrote my ms in my grandma's house during the winter solstice :)
4. The Big Lazy. - Make your MS like no others' ones, make it unique and fit you. Keep improving your MS while time goes on. Learn from the past mistakes ^^

More or less, those are all the things to share today.
Good luck everyone! If don't mind, share your mission statement here, so we can discuss on how to improve it ^^


Cheers,
Shun Yew






No comments: